Chef Julie Thompson
I have always loved to cook and bake. My mom let me have the kitchen in the evenings as long as I cleaned up my mess. I would go through cookbooks trying to find recipes in which we had the ingredients. I will never forget the look on my parents faces when I emerged from the kitchen with a piping hot cheese soufflé. Dinner time growing up in my family of 5 brothers and sisters was family time. We came together every evening to enjoy food and talk about our day. I came to carry this tradition along to my own family. I love that food is such a huge part of cultures all over the world, and the catalyst for bringing friends and family together in traditions and new experiences.
I was raised in Seattle and received my culinary degrees in Food Science and Pastry and Specialty Baking at South Seattle Community College and the school of hard knocks.
I have over 35 years of culinary experience having worked my way through the ranks at Seatac Red Lion and the Seattle Sheraton hotel up to positions ranging from pastry chef running a 27’ dessert buffet daily, fine dining line cooking, Banquet chef, chef Tournant, Garde manger chef, as well as managing a large foodservice operation in Alaska and later remote foodservice management for seafood companies throughout Alaska.
Food is my passion and cooking and entertaining are my gifts. People often tell me that my eyes light up when I talk about food. I love that food is not just an important part of cultures all around the world but it is also natures medicine. I like to cook meals that are culturally diverse, delicious, healthy, and nutritious, utilizing fresh seasonal produce, wild caught seafood and locally sourced products. While I enjoy healthy cooking, I also make a mean BBQ sparerib. I look forward to getting to know you and your dining preferences and to helping you bring great memories to your family’s mealtimes and events.
Highlights from Chef Julie's Menus
- Chicken Marsala with Angel Hair Pasta Provençal
- Moqueca Brazilian Fish Stew
- Pork Loin Chop with Brandied Apples, And Roasted Rosemary New Potatoes
- Skillet Lemon and Dill Chicken Thighs with Lemon Herb Cous Cous
- Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles, Roasted Carrots and Lemon Ricotta
- Pecan Crusted Salmon with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus
- Crab Spaghetti with Capers and Lemon Gremolata
- Herb Roasted Chicken with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Blackened Cod Tacos with Mango Salsa, Cilantro Rice and Black Beans
- Spicy Chicken, Cashew, and Celery Stir Fry