Chef Kimberly Sinclair
My love for food started with healthy and delicious home cooking made by my mother. We always ate lots of vegetables and had meals that were fresh and creative. I grew up cooking with my mom in the kitchen and visiting local farmers markets, all the while learning from her and enjoying our time together.
Originally from California, I went to the University of Michigan to pursue degrees in astrophysics and philosophy. I spent some time working for NASA in Los Angeles, soaking up the Latin street food and gourmet restaurant scene in the city. Now, I am excited to be living in the PNW with its rich tradition of seafood and fresh-from-the-farm ingredients as I pursue my passion for cooking.
Over the years, I have had many opportunities to travel and explore new and interesting culinary traditions. I loved the spices of Peru, the rich meats of Turkey, and the amazing flavor combinations and pasta of Italy. Everywhere I travel, I discover something new and I always try to use it in my food. I have also spent years training in pastries and love all baked goods. Lately, I have gotten into perfecting my Indian food and love the challenge that comes along with that.
I hope to share with you my love for food from around the world and perhaps introduce you to new cuisines while always being conscientious of any food restrictions. I myself have eaten exclusively Paleo for a year and had to find interesting new recipes to prevent myself from cheating. I’ve also loved exploring vegetarian and vegan food in recent years as many of my friends have started these lifestyles. No dietary needs can prevent us from having a great time!
Highlights from Chef Kimberly's Menus
- Orange Saffron Chicken and Herb Salad
- Caprese Crostini with Basil Pesto
- Chocolate Cake with Lemon-Orange Buttercream and Milk and White Chocolate Ribbons
- Pesto Zoodles with Herb-Crusted Halibut
- Spicy Vodka Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli
- Seared Scallops and Swiss Chard with Wild Rice
- Vegetarian Conchiglie with Yogurt, Peas and Chiles
- Aglio e Olio with Saffron Chicken and Herb Salad
- Palak Paneer
- Baked Tilapia Tacos with Veggies and Sriracha-Lime Sauce
- Ropa Vieja with Yellow Rice and Cuban Black Beans
- Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Curry with Spinach