Chef Athena Petterson
I was born and raised in Gig Harbor Washington. My earliest food memories are of my dad grilling fish on the back porch. I would try anything from salmon to dog fish to clams and so much more! I would say I have a passion for diversifying my palette.
In 2017 I went to Oregon State University to study nutrition and food service systems. That eventually turned in to attending Linn Benton Community College full time to pursue a Culinary Arts degree. Pursuing that degree I was trained in classic French cuisine.
I graduated Culinary school in the spring of 2020 and moved back up to the Seattle area. In that time I specialized in vegan and gluten free baking at Viva Tacoma. There I did line cooking as well.
I was inspired by being in a strict vegan environment to go vegetarian myself. I strive to be creative and flexible with customers and hopefully show them something delicious that might also be new to them.
Highlights from Chef Athena's Menus
- Grilled Salmon with a Strawberry and Pecan Salad with Goat Cheese and a Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Pan Seared Swordfish with Spicy Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Lemon and Honey Glazed Chicken Breast with a Green Apple and Walnut Salad with Dried Cranberry and Braised Rainbow Carrots
- Eggplant Parmesan with Homemade Tomato Sauce Topped with Fresh Basil and Grated Parm
- Teriyaki Chicken with a Sautéed Veggie Medley of Pineapple, Red Onion, and Bell Pepper with a Side of Asian Style Coleslaw