Chef Athena Petterson
I was born and raised in Gig Harbor, Washington. My earliest food memories are of my dad grilling fish on the back porch. I would try anything from salmon to dog fish to clams and so much more! I would say I have a passion for diversifying my palate.
In 2017 I went to Oregon State University to study nutrition and food service systems. Afterward, I attended Linn Benton Community College full-time to pursue a Culinary Arts degree with training in classic French cuisine.
I graduated Culinary school in the spring of 2020 and moved back up to the Seattle area. During that time, I specialized in vegan and gluten-free baking at Viva Tacoma as well as line cooking.
I was inspired by being in a strict vegan environment to go vegetarian myself. However, I am very comfortable with cooking animal proteins for my clients. I strive to be creative and flexible with customers and hopefully show them something delicious that might also be new to them.
If you are looking for a Tacoma personal chef or a chef in Gig Harbor to cook for you, it would be my pleasure to serve you and your family!
Highlights from Athena's Menus
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Baby Gold Potatoes, Broccolini, and Garlic-Herb Sauce
- Baked Lemon and Garlic Halibut, Garlic and Herb Rice Pilaf and Spinach and Blistered Tomato Salad
- Hoisin Chicken Meatballs with Rice and Buttered Snap Peas
- Grilled Salmon with a Strawberry and Pecan Salad with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Pan Seared Swordfish with Spicy Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Lemon and Honey Glazed Chicken Breast with a Green Apple and Walnut Salad with Dried Cranberry and Braised Rainbow Carrots
- Eggplant Parmesan with Homemade Tomato Sauce Topped with Fresh Basil and Grated Parm
- Teriyaki Chicken with a Sautéed Veggie Medley of Pineapple, Red Onion, and Bell Pepper with a Side of Asian Style Coleslaw
- Swedish Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Gravy
- Classic Crème Brûlée