Chef Laura Taylor, CPC
Like so many of us, I grew up in the kitchen. Many of my childhood memories revolve around food, cooking, and a dream to open a healthy restaurant one day. Little did I know then that I was on a path with a collective of experiences to serve people in their own home kitchens instead.
Upon graduation from Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!) with a degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management, my journey landed me in Catering Sales Management and Private Event Directorship with Clubcorp, Marriott, and El Gaucho Bellevue. I was an active member of the National Association for Catering and Events for 9 years in both the Houston and Greater Seattle Area chapters, including board-level service as Treasurer and Chapter President. Through NACE, I achieved the CPCE designation as well as an award for Best Catered Event of the Year 2009.
After 10 years on that course, I left El Gaucho and took the leap into entrepreneurship. I love to cook. I love to help people. It’s a natural fit to start a company like Honest to Goodness. Now I cook for people who don’t love to cook, don’t have time to cook, or don’t know how to handle their special diet. Through the United States Personal Chef Association, I attained the designation of Certified Personal Chef (CPC). It is also a pleasure to mentor other personal chefs across the country in our chosen industry.
As this company has grown so significantly since 2012, my role is now as the CEO and visionary for future growth. Thank you for trusting our Seattle chef team at Honest to Goodness to serve your goals for a healthier lifestyle.
Highlights from Chef Laura's Menus
- Silky Fennel-Pumpkin Soup with Crème Fraîche, Toasted Pepitas, Roasted Chestnuts, and Maple Syrup Drizzle
- Dungeness Crab Stuffed Lobster Tail with Curried Tomato Broth
- Butternut Squash Galette with Caramelized Onions and Crumbled Gorgonzola
- Caprese Stuffed Heirloom Tomato with Burrata, Basil, and Pear Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Agrodolce Caponata Stuffed Eggplant with Toasted Pine Nuts and Rapini
- Ras el Hanout Chicken with Preserved Lemon, Olives, and Fingerling Potatoes
- Classic Osso Bucco on Creamy Fontina Polenta with Lemon-Parsley Gremolata
- Kampot Peppercorn Beef Roulade with Dijon Cream Sauce
- Grilled Swordfish with Herbs and Charred Lemon Salsa Verde
- Mezcal Marinated Grilled Bison with Roasted Tomato Sofrito
- Lamb Chasseur with Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Brandy, and Herbes de Provence
Chocolate Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches